At Westwood Care & Support Services we pride ourselves on the quality of service that we provide to our clients. As a result of this we are always on the look out for caring individuals who have both the skills and ethos to help us upkeep our high standards of service.
Personal Assistants are intrinsic to our business and without their commitment to our service users the ‘person centred’ ethos would fail to function. The upkeep of these standards are entrusted with our Personal Assistants on every call. We expect our staff to fulfil these values on a daily basis, satisfying our service users and their families in the knowledge their care is handled with integrity and individuality.
What We Look For In Our Employees
- Positive & Personable – A positive approach to difficult situations and strong communication skills are integral to the role.
- Initiative & Independence – The ability to deal with various scenarios independently is also essential.
- Sense of Humour
- Honesty & Confidentiality
- Positive Work Ethic
- Experience – 6 to 12 months experience of a care based environment whether that be gained by volunteering, personal/family or paid work.
Why Work For Us?
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect by working for us:
- A Rewarding Career – Our personal assistants all benefit from a rewarding career where the work they do really does make a difference.
- Personal Development – A high standard of training to workers employed by Westwood Care and Support through a 8 day induction covering one to fifteen of the care certificate standards. Our induction includes:
- Standard 1 – Understand your role
- Standard 2 – Personal development
- Standard 3 – Duty of care
- Standard 4 – Equality & Diversity
- Standard 5 – Work in a person centred way
- Standard 6 – Communication
- Standard 7 – Privacy & Dignity
- Standard 8 – Fluids & Nutrition
- Standard 9 – Mental Health, Dementia and Learning disabilities
- Standard 10 – Safeguarding Adults
- Standard 11 – Safeguarding Children
- Standard 12 – First Aid
- Standard 13 – Health & Safety
- Standard 14 – Handling information
- Standard 15 – Infection control
- End of Life
- Moving & Handling
- Personalised development in specific areas and access to further qualification with Diplomas available through our learning partnership with the CQC.
- Competitive Rates of Pay:
- Based on qualifications and experience
- Paid visit mileage
- Staff incentives
- Paid to attend training and personal development meetings
Apply For A Job
We are always on the look out for caring individuals who can help to deliver the high standard of care that our customers have come to expect. If you possess the qualities we are looking for and are interested in becoming part of our team then why not download an application pack today?